Meeting Room Reservations And Catering Service
To establish guidelines for use of Meeting Rooms and to procure Catering and Audio Visual Services for All Children’s.
This policy applies to All Children’s Hospital, Inc., and All Children’s Health System, Inc.
· All Children’s Hospital Foundation, Inc.
· All Children’s Research Institute, Inc.
· Kids Home Care, Inc.
· Pediatric Physician Services, Inc.
· SurgiKid of Florida, Inc.
· West Coast Neonatology, Inc.
Reading forward, each of entities listed above are collectively referred to as “All Children’s.”
This policy does not apply to:
· Not applicable
III. POLICY STATEMENT
It shall be the policy of All Children’s to provide adequate meeting space to conduct various educational and administrative functions. On-campus catering services will be available through the Food Services Department as long as patient service and hospital cafeteria service is not compromised. All Children’s also offers meeting space in the Education and Conference Center (ECC) and at the All Children’s Outpatient Care locations as a service to the community. Groups requesting meeting rooms must have missions that are in alignment with the All Children’s mission. A separate Meeting Room Reservation Agreement is required for outside groups.
CaterTrax: a third party hosted online food ordering system on BeACH used for catered events.
A. Scheduling of Meeting Rooms by Internal Groups
1. Meeting rooms are available for educational and administrative functions in multiple buildings on campus including the main hospital (ACH); the Outpatient Care Center (OCC – main campus); the 500 Building (500 Bldg); the Business and Technology Center (BAT); and the Education and Conference Center (ECC).
2. See the Meeting Room template on BeACH > Quick Links to access a full listing of rooms including their capacity seating and the audio- visual (AV) equipment that is installed.
B. Meeting Room Reservation by Internal Groups
1. Meetings are reserved via Outlook. See the Meeting Room template on BeACH > Quick Links for the Meeting Room name, which is organized by building. Scheduler should not presume the room is available until an acceptance or declination notice is received via Outlook. The ECC will not be confirmed until a Meeting Room Reservation form is received.
2. See the Meeting Room template on BeACH > Quick Links for the telephone extension number for the contact person who coordinates room reservations.
3. Marketing’s Meeting & Events Planner may be consulted for advice on facilitating an effective meeting including, but not limited to, menu, registration, and set-up. A consultation may be scheduled by contacting the ECC Facility scheduler.
4. Audio Visual (AV) equipment, including videoconferencing, set-up and operation is the responsibility of the meeting organizer. For AV assistance complete the Telehealth Videoconferncing Request Form on Beach or contact Information Technology (IT) Help Desk at Ext. 74884
5. If the meeting requires catered services, electronically submit the Catering Service Requisition via Catertrax. See Catering Service Procedure instructions .
C. Meeting Room Reservations by Outside Groups in the ECC
1. The ECC is the meeting room space approved for outside groups. Room availability and appropriateness of the group will be determined by contacting the ECC Facility scheduler. Preference will be given to hospital educational and administrative functions; then to healthcare-related and non-profit groups that align with All Children’s mission.
2. The ECC Facility scheduler will obtain pertinent information related to the set-up, AV needs, and parking and will secure a Meeting Room Reservation Agreement, which is to be signed by the requestor and which will be kept on file for the event. The Agreement should be faxed to Ext. 72781(727-767-2781) or mailed to All Children’s, Marketing & Community Relations - Department 9630.
3. Fees will be defined by the Agreement and will include the use of AV equipment, if applicable. Waiving of the fees is at the discretion of the Vice President, Marketing & Community Relations.
4. The set-up of ACH-owned AV equipment for meetings held at the ECC will be the responsibility of the ECC staff (Ext. 72973). The user will be responsible for setting up his/her own equipment. If AV equipment is required at the meeting, this section of the Meeting Room Reservation Form must be completed at the time the reservation is made.
D. Meeting Room Reservations by Outside Groups at All Children’s Outpatient Care Locations (non-main campus)
1. Reservations will be requested by calling the center directly.
2. Room availability and appropriateness of the group will be determined by the All Children’s Outpatient Care Center Director. Preference will be given to hospital educational and administrative functions; then healthcare-related and non-profit groups that align with All Children’s mission.
3. A Meeting Room Reservation Agreement, signed by the requestor, will be kept on file for the event as well as the Meeting Room Reservation Form listing all pertinent information for set-up and AV needs.
4. Fees will be defined by the Agreement and will include the use of AV equipment, if applicable. Waiving of the fees is at the discretion of the All Children’s Outpatient Care Center’s Director.
E. Audiovisual Equipment (AV) – Internal Groups
1. See the Meeting Room template on BeACH > Quick Links for the list of AV equipment provided in each meeting room.
2. The use of AV equipment is self-service. Instruction and/or assistance for using AV equipment in the main ACH, the OCC (main campus), the 500 Building, the ECC, and the PCRC room in the BAT must be scheduled ten (10) days in advance through the I/T Help Desk at Ext. 74884.
3. If you need any special arrangements, such as webcasting, video-conferencing, or video-taping, you must contact the I/T Help Desk at Ext 74884 ten (10) days prior to your event.
4. Employee Education (Ext. 78535) will provide assistance for the AV equipment in their dedicated meeting rooms. The procurement, set-up, operation, and return of the equipment are the responsibility
of the requestor.
F. Catering Service Procedure - Internal and External
Internal and external catering services provided at All Children’s expense, regardless of caterer, will be limited to physicians meetings following the catering service procedure herein.
Catered functions will be restricted to the main hospital, OCC (main campus), and ECC meeting rooms.
Exceptions to Catering Policies & Procedures will require the approval of the Department Director.
Catering Service Procedure:
1. Whenever possible, All Children’s Food Services Department should be selected to provide catering services. The individual scheduling the meeting should provide Food Services with ten (10) days advance notice. For events occurring on weekends or over multiple days, e.g. conferences, Food Services thirty (30) days is required. Catering requests must be made via the Catertrax website accessed on BeACH under Cafeteria Menus.
2. The Department Director is responsible for approving catering requests made on behalf of his/her department. Approvals are made in CaterTrax. After the order is placed, the Department Director will receive an email from CaterTrax indicating that an order is awaiting approval.
3. In order to reduce food waste, improve efficiency, and conserve resources, an accurate count of the individuals attending the meeting will be essential. It is the responsibility of the requestor to make reasonable requests based on anticipated attendance and if reduced attendance is expected, to notify Food Services in advance.
a. A 24-hour advance notification of cancellation is required to avoid a departmental charge.
b. A quarterly review of attendance patterns for regularly scheduled meetings should be assessed by the requestor. Adjustments to the catering request can be made by calling Food Services (Ext. 74151).
c. Consultation service is available with Marketing’s Meetings & Events Planner for advice on facilitating an effective meeting including, but not limited to, recommendations for menu, registration, and set-up.
4. Upon completion of catered functions, the meeting facilitator, or designee, will be responsible for calling Food Services (Ext. 74151) and Environmental Services (Ext. 74250) to inform them that the meeting has concluded.
a. Food waste will be monitored and tracked.
b. Trends in food wastage will be reported to the Meeting & Events Planner and the requestor in order to facilitate improved efficiency in food management. Significant food wastage may be reported to the Administrative Director of Support Services, which may affect future approvals of catering requests.
Gift Card Charges and Meal Passes
1. All requests for meal passes and gift cards that will be expensed to the department or reimbursed by All Children’s are also ordered through the CaterTrax website in the same manner as catering requests. The Department Director, is responsible for approval and the control and distribution of meal passes and gift cards that have been expensed to their department.
2. The Food Service Coordinator, or designee, will notify the
requestor/Department Director That the meal passes or gift cards
are ready for pick up.
IV. ATTACHMENT (S)
Approved by: Jonathan M. Ellen, M.D., President and CEO
Form #7801001 Catering Service Menu
Subject Matter Expert’s title/Position (if applicable): Administrative Director Support Services
Key Words Not Included within Body of this Policy (if any): catering, meal passes, conferences